zondag 30 oktober 2011

Old and new

Hey there!

I woke up this morning thinking about a poem I wrote ages ago. I looked it up on MySpace (I kept a blog on there back in the day) and copied it on here, with two other scraps that I liked. Amazing how I wrote this stuff five years ago! Seems like yesterday...

mei 2007

How should I pray
I don't remember
how to open up and
touch the core within
how to face the light
to become small and to grow
to become heart and soul
feel the truth like a glow
to find out what i've always known

the core
let me touch it
when i watch you i can see it
the core
how could i ask more

How should i pray
I got smart and forgot
how to put aside my ego
how to enter my deep center
how to become less than this but more than this aswell

How to face the whole creation facing nothing but myself
to become a contradiction
making sense in every way
to let go of rhyme and reason
to forget that I'm afraid
How should I pray

How to feel a higher power that is merely part of me
and lift me up to higher places where it's easier to see
the bigger pic the greater plan
where I belong in this reality

How should I pray


december 2007

walk with me

Some of them leave notes
others leave a mess
sometimes they leave shattered dreams
but that's my call I guess
Some of them are handsome
and some have things to say
but most of them are clueless
chicken out and run away

You are worse than some
and better than the lot
you remind me of the things
I always wanted but then forgot

You make me want to grow
into a better me
I want to walk with you
atleast for now, the rest we'll see
  





september 2007
I've been looking out for answers
looking up into the sky
looking down my own dark alley
left and right and round and round
I've been searching for the logic
I've been searching for a rhyme
I've been confused and disappointed
searching seemed a waste of time
I've been wishing for a blessing
I've been wishing for a break
I've been hoping, wanting, praying
while happiness was just mine to take
I've been waiting for deliverance
I've been waiting for a sign
I've been trying to hold on
but letting go made it all mine

Hear hear.

Had a really good evening yesterday with Bede. He's such a good musician, I feel priviliged to be in his audience. And he does impressions, I almost pissed myself laughing yesterday :) The more reserved guy I hadn't really gotten to know yet turns out to be great company. He'll be around so I guess we'll see more of eachother the coming days.

I also met this sweet Australian guy, a juggler (anyone see a pattern here? :)) He walked me home last night and stayed over... nuf said, good times :) Not sure if he's gonna show up today, but strangely enough I don't really care. Either way is fine. Enough stuff to do, plenty of people to meet. Lately I don't seem to be able to get hung up on stuff anymore.

Shower and breakfast. And I'm gonna figure out a little sight seeing trip for later.

Much love, godspeed!

Tinie xox

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten