zondag 30 oktober 2011

Basecamp Pokhara, 29 oktober

Dear readers,

the ones who read this regularly must be wondering what I am doing online so soon. Yeah, the big trek turned out not as big as I thought it would be. Thank God for Paki inviting me to do Poon Hill, thank God I didn't do the ABC nor that alternative trek that both take atleast ten days... at the end of day one I could feel this stabbing pain in my right knee, the pain that got me last time I went skiing... The next day was fine, a little stab once in a while, no biggie. But day three was constantly descending these pretty big stairs, so I was in a lot of pain and in the end of the day my left knee was f***ed too, by the compensating the right one.... AWESOME!! Yeah, I was pretty stupid thinking my knees were gonna be fine in the Himalaya. Therefore: day four riding back with a jeep to Pokhara...

But eventhough the trek was a little one, it was still worth while! It was soooooo beautiful and it felt wonderful to be hiking in nature. So grateful for having the ability to experience that energy and riches. It was challenging and rewarding, met some nice people on the road and Paki turned out great. Well I guess the pics speak for themselves. I will leave some with comments soon.

Walking and enjoying the scenery leaves space to think. So here are the latest big thoughts I don't want to keep from you. Be warned :)

The triple W:
Don't WANT: If you want certain things you are vulnerable to disappointment. As the Buddha says: desire is the cause of suffering. Ofcourse there is always the need for certain things, but that's where your self-knowledge comes in: do I want this or do I need this? Honesty and discipline to discriminate between the two and give up the wanting certainly helps to find that road to bliss.

Don't WORRY: Worries are a buzkill. But the past is past, the future is not happening yet. So stay tuned into the here and now, and let go of the stuff you have no control over. Realize how arrogant it is to think you are fully in charge; you're not. Relaxing in your current situation, accepting your reality rather than criticizing it, acting upon what is going on here and now for the sake of following your true self rather than acting upon irrelevant past or future situations, or for the sake of other peoples approval, might be a good way to get back to that flow you need to go with.

Don't WAIT: The kind of waiting that makes you pace up and down the room or tap your fingers on the table is a total energy-eater. Don't do it. Do something you like instead. Don't drop that appointment or whatever it was that presented itself and then made you wait, just don't cut yourself off from other impulses/stimuli that might present themselves. A person who is waiting is wasting precious energy, with a big chance of getting frustrated. Don't wait, do it. Who knows if what you are waiting for is ever going to happen!

Beade commented that it might be a good idea to rephrase the triple W positively, rather affirming what you should do insteadof saying what you shouldn't, and I agree that affirmation usually is more affective than denying. So we came up with the triple C: Be Content, Confident and Continue!!!

Godspeed you perfect being!!! Do it!

(with a big up to Kalei for pushing me further by just being himself)

Hugs and kisses xox Tinie

At Devi Falls, Pokhara
                                     
With Sita and her nephew

Sita and her sisters
Sita's youngest son and his cousin

Jessica!

Check out the mountains!

Check out that view!


Jessica and I hiked up to the World Peace Pagoda, the most obvious landmark at the lake


View over Pokhara from the Pagoda


 
Begnas Lake

Crossing Begnas


Pic taken by Hans Logghe's brother, at a posh resort across the Begnas lake



Boating back to where we came from, and being totally late...


First day of Poon Hill hike: breakfast break

Paki and me

Thousands and thousands of stairs... I'll dream about these mother*******


Sunrise as seen from the lodge on second day of Poon Hill hike

Wild ganja, and lots of it

Flowers for Light Festival, and BIG mountain!

View from Gorepani


View from the room
Sunrise seen from Poon Hill

I am one happy trooper!!

Here it comes!!

Mesmerizing view... goosebumps



Seen on the hike back down







Hot springs at Tatopani


View from the room in Tatopani

 
The jeep that saved my life :)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten