dinsdag 25 oktober 2011

Pokhara, 25 oktober

Hey hey

writing this from my current livingroom, being the restaurant/lounge area of the guesthouse where I am staying at. Peace Eye Lodge... grows on ya. it's about as relaxed as Varkala and we know what happened there: I got stuck!  Love this place though, I'm meeting really cool people, and I am as relaxed as it gets, which feels GREAT. There have been some attempts at leaving for a trek in the Annapurna area, but somehow that just didn't happen. Kalei, a guy I met here a couple days ago and I relate to in that way you relate to people you have known in a former life, or who just happen to vibe pretty much on the same wavelength..., well that guy was talking about this trek that doesn't really have the scenic views that you get on the ABC (Annapurna Base Camp) trek, but is totally remote, not touristy whatsoever and has marihuana patches all along it. Interesting... So I was down joining him and Paki, his friend (whom he met like two days before, that's how it goes here) on that trek. But then I started to understand it wasn't gonna be the three of us, but it was gonna be, each on their own little trip, so no commitment, just casually sharing some of the route with no attachment to one another whatsoever... so I was seeing myself already, alone in the middle of nowhere in the mountains, Kalei floating somewhere on shrooms or whatever ally he's hanging out with, and Paki heading back to the valley... Not a great picture. Then I considered just taking a guide for the sake of being safe in whatever possible situation. Kalei hooks me up withthis guide who knows the area, I talk with the guy, , and a girl I met here was interested in joining us, so that was it, the best of both worlds: alternative trek with interesting company, AND the security of a guide who knows what he's doing... but after an hour or so I meet that girl again and she says she changed her mind and is doing the ABC anyway. So I decided I didn't want to go with the dudes, although that trek appealed me big time AND I totally enjoy Kaleis and Paki's company.... just didn't want to get myself into trouble in case they went wandering off, right. I decided to join the girl with that organized trek she was doing up the ABC. Great price, like half of what I was going to pay the guide on that alternative trek, and basically back to the initial plan. Annie (the girl) called the tour operator to say I was joining, and we were gonna meet at the trek briefing today at ten AM.
And then I decided to go to a lake this morning, tooka a boatride, had breakfast on the other side, and by the time i got back in Pokhara it was ten thirty and I totally missed the briefing... Annie who had been waiting for me to go there together didn't leave a message so I had no idea how to get a hold of her and I didn't know where that tour operator was at (there's hundreds of them here). Paki and I went out on the big lake boating and swimming. Great time. He suggested we do the Poon Hill trek (half way up the ABC trek, same scenery, less strenuous) together, he's done it plenty of times before. I liked that idea. When I got back, I met Annie and told her I changed my mind. Everybody happy. So I REALLY hope I am leaving on that trek tomorrow!!!!!

This whole silly story of constantly changing my plans is just an illustration of the current mood. I just don't feel like committing to anything, and I go with the flow. It's an interesting exercice in not getting stressed over having to do stuff, over people not being able to kep their promises and so on... cuz I haven't exactly been keeping mine either lately. I am getting to this point where I am just doing what I really want to do, not for the sake of some obligation, or schedule, or guilt towards others... and hoping that the people I am dealing with do the same. If nothing bothers you anymore, you're really golden, wherever you are. Waiting? Not in my book. Exspectations? Out the window. It's easy to go back with that fearful energy that makes you doubt stuff, and stress about stuff, but I try to hold that wonderful relaxed feel i have right now, taking with both hands whatever is offered me, and being genuinely happy with what is been given me.

So that's my reality right now.

Big hugs to all of you, and GODSPEED!!!!

xoxox Tinie

(pics follow after trek, but it's not a promise :))


So

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten