zaterdag 30 juli 2011

Rishikesh, 30 juli

I'm on my own again! Said goobye to Edu and Athar in Jaipur, got on the night train and arrived in Haridwar around ten thirty in the morning. Usually there is fellow backpackers here and there, but this time: no one. But there was a crowd of Indians, Prashant was right: it's busy this time of the year. I found the bus station after getting myself a new sim-card (yes you can call me, my number can be requested through FB) but the buses only had signs in Hindi and no one spoke any English... with hands and feet, RISHIKESH?? was good enough, I figured it out. I usually do. And then I saw another backpack, a European looking woman who seemed to be just as lost as I had been minutes before. Gwen turned out to be French, and on her way to the same ashram I am going to! Funny how these things work here.

Now I'm in the hostel that is recommended by 'the book', it has a beautiful view over the river and a nice restaurant, which are pretty much the only things I need here. I am relaxing before the ride up north tomorrow, which is going to take seven hours. No sight seeing for me, thank you.

But something else. It's such a challenge for me to stay on my track and not get carried away by diversions... The diversion I am talking about right now is fortunately enough a sensible (and super sweet) person who has no intention what so ever to ruin this India-experience for me. I am also reminded of what happened last year in Nicaragua and strongly advised by the Tarot to stay on my own and look for my own path. Thanks Akshay for being so unbelievably awesome. Meeting you was like a rainshower in the desert. It was a refreshing reminder, as much as a wake up call. You won't be forgotten.




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten