zondag 24 juli 2011

Jodhpur, 24 juli

Posting twice today! Last post was supposed to be put on line days ago, but there were some minor technical problems: wifi is not that common around here so I end up dragging the laptop around and using internetcafe's anyway... silly but what can you do.
Last you heard from me was from Pushkar, the city with the holy lake and the beautiful Brahma temple. We bumped in to some traditional musicians who performed beautifully, which, once again, made me cry :) Yeah I'm terrible, I'm not stopping anymore... but there is really too much beautiful and touching stuff around here, I can't help it!
We also climbed the Savitri temple hill, at the best time of the day of course; around two pm we reached the temple and by the time we were back down I was sunburnt sooo badly... I did it again. Much better now but shedding skin like a snake. Ieeeuw. In the city we met the musicians again, sitting at some tea place with some dude who was obviously not Indian. Later that day he turned out to be staying at our hotel and we had a long talk: he's riding through India on a motorbike. Sweet! And he's romanian,  born in Sebes, Transylvania! Which is like, miles away from Viscri where my dear dad bought a farm! We had quite some things to talk about and I kindov hope to meet him in Nepal at some point. Raz, when you read this: I'd love to hook up at some point! You understand! ;-)
After Pushkar followed Jaisalmer. Pretty much all there is to see is the big ass fortress that is basically the town centre which houses shops, families, restaurants, you name it. I had a waxjob (funny experience) just before we headed out to the desert to go on a camel safari. Sounds more exotic than it was, it's two hours on a camel, diner, sleeping under the stars (my favourite part) and breakfast. Sunrise and sunset were not really worth mentioning. I had fun eventhough it wasn't the most spectacular of daytrips. I met a young Danish guy, Frederik, who was the perfect pal to hang out with; he was alone, I was alone, we kept eachother company and we turned out to have the love for music in common. Ever heard of Hudson Mohawke? Well neither had I until I met Fred and I'm glad he made me listen to Freek cuz it totally made me smile (not cry, sorry).
Thanks for the nice company Freddy. I'm adding you on soundcloud as we speak.. Listening will be for next time... promise.
After the camel safari we hopped back in the car and drove to here, and Jodhpur is so endearing. It has a fortress that is more impressive than the other fortresses so far, and a labyrinth of little streets to get lost in, lovely. Earlier I was invited in the house of a family and had tea and some fried stuff I forgot the name of, and they were just super nice and honored to have me in their little house... it's almost embarrassing how sweet these people are, they would seriously kiss your feet if you'd let them. No kidding. And the kids running behind you asking your name, begging for a 'school pen please', and loving to be in pics with you, no charge!!
Ok, my dear readers, so far for today. I'm sweaty and smelly and I want to get freshened up for dinner: the musicians I met up in the fortress invited me to have diner with them and Liesbeth Naessens, a Belgian musician who happens to be in town working with them. Nice huh! I am looking forward to it, these musicians seemed like such interesting and friendly people. Report will follow.

Much love and godspeed,
Tinie







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten