dinsdag 16 augustus 2011

Rishikesh, 15 augustus

Hi there my sweet readers,

I'm writing you from the internet cafe on the ground floor of the hotel I'm staying at in Rishikesh. It's only 150 irs a night,so I can afford to hang here a little longer and upload pics on FB. The pic upload on Flickr is an issue: it is gonna take at least four hours to get the 800 pics that I took so far uploaded. And I don't see me sit here for four hours in a row. I'll probably get another disc burnt, although I really think putting them online is so much safer.. and it's kindov urgent since my memory card is full. Anyway, instead of bugging you guys with the technical troubles,I should tell you some more about the ashram.

Some highlights.

Mataji's cooking workshops: she showed us how to cook sattvic food. The first time she did some curries, the second time she made four different kinds of sweets. Awesome! Awen is sending me the pics once she's online.

Meditation in Swami Vishnu devananda's cave in Gangautri. The energy level was soaring. It made me cry (again, man am I having fun here!!) and I had some me-time on a big rock in the Ganges, sunbathing and emptying my head. Bliss.

The puja for Sarasvati. The Satsang Hall looked beautiful. A centre row of oil lamps, flamked by two rows of pillows for all of us. We offered Merigold flowers, rice and red mineral powder to the goddess while chanting. Hopefully will get the pics from Elin.

The receiving of my personal mantra. The participants who didn't have a personal mantra yet, received one from Mataji with a small ritual in the temple. I'm very happy with mine; amazing how well Mataji appears to know us after so short a period. The mantra is totally compatible. Sorry that I can't share it; it would lose its power...

The talent show. On the last evening in the ashram, there was a little show, high school style, where everyone who wanted could show off a skill. I did a bit of poi spinning (easy success with the glowing ones in the dark!), there was a pictionary game, and a self made mantra about Mataji that was made by Alice and Nora, very sweet and clearly much appreciated by the object of the song!! And last but not least there was a dead funny play with the story of Ram by Elin, Caroline, Nora and Pradeep. I laughed my ass off!!


There is probably more sensible things to say about the two weeks I spent there,but I have a hard time making truely profound comments sitting behind this 30 rupee an hour- computer screen. I started writing a fiction on my notebook that is of course based on what I'm experiencing, and I think it might prove to be a little less shallow than what you get here... so for the real fans, there is more to come, on paper.

Either way, thx for staying tuned,and godspeed!

Tinie x






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten