maandag 22 augustus 2011

Khajuraho, 22 augustus



Wall paintings in the LakshmiNarayan Temple, Orchha






This dude is preparing the dough for delicious samosa's, in the street near the hotel I was staying at in Orchha
The stuff they use to paint bindi's, seen at the market in Orchha
Vultures on the lotus rooftop of the palace in Orchha
Palace, Orchha



Hey you dear reader,

Today I am writing you from the garden/restaurant at Surya hotel, where I can use WIFI, halleluja! So I am making the most out of it: uploading pics again onto picasa (booo for flickr) so I'll be able to link pics in this blog aswell, so no more flicking back and forth to Facebook to see whatever the hell I am talking about.
After the break I took in Rishikesh, it's back to tourist-mode. I took a night train to Jhansi, from where I got a cab ride to pretty Orchha. The train ride was fine, until the morning, when all the Indian dudes had to brush their teeth where I was waiting to get off the train (eagerly hoping for the train to roll into the station, which took forEVER, seriously, we arrived an hour late) and brushing teeth apparently involves long and deliberate cleaning of the throat, in the most disgusting possible way. It makes my stomach turn when I hear someone do it, let alone when they spit the mucus in the wash basin right before your eyes... yay. Welcome to Jhansi.
Albertooooo! He looks even better with glasses ;)
So yesterday and the day before I was in Orchha, a small town with another palace, beautifully situated along a river. The palace is another case of forlorn glory, and not all that spectacular after seeing all the amazingly beautiful palaces in Rajastan. But still, the surroundings are exquisit, which makes up for the lack of splendour. Gwen, thanks for the recommendation, it was well worth a visit! Didn't stay at the place hotel tho, I'm trying to keep the budget down. When I was looking for a  cheap ride (yes, budget indeed!) up to the LakshmiNarayan Temple, I kindov jumped on the first sole traveler I saw, which happened to be a handsome Italian haha, and we are hangin out ever since. He's a sweet guy, who probably doesn't  really know what to think of the funny Belgian, but hey, we get along alright and i actually got a free ride up to here from Orchha with his driver, AND got to swim in the pool at his luxurious hotel in Orchha aswell (he's travelling for just two weeks so his budget is slightly different from mine). Anyway, Orchha: check. It also happened to be my B-day yesterday so I was glad not having to spend it all alone; Alberto: thx for the company!!
Khajuraho is all about the temple complex that has many reliefs and statues with Kama Sutra motives. Not coïncidentially one of the most famous tourist sites in the country, and UNESCO protected. Might also get a motorbike tomorrow and go check the waterfall out of the town which is supposed to be awesome with my new Italian friend. We'll see.
Stay tuned my sweet friends,
greets and godspeed,
Tinie

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten