donderdag 8 augustus 2013

Dear diary, 5th of august

                                                                                              Monday 5 august 2013

Hey dear reader,

A heavy stirrup of many different emotions drives me to the computer to write it all down, to get it out of my system and maybe shed some light and bring fresh perspectives into the mix.

Let’s go back to the thirtieth of July. Last I heard from Dimo was that he was going to pick me up in Sofia the 30th, after he dropped off his sister at the airport. Since I arrived in Sofia our communication had been limited to the very minimum; the connection at the Happy House isn’t all that and I didn’t have a phonenumber to call him so all I could do was leave him my phonenumber and wait. And the entire day no sign of Dimo. So in the afternoon I went to say hi at the Art Hostel where I had a very nice reunion with Chicho Bore, still all smiles and huggable as ever. Angela was there too and she told me about this guy who was going to Ozora on Thursday and might still have a free spot in the car, in case Dimo wouldn’t show up. This guy threw a birthday party that same evening and she would give him my contact info. Not the best plan B, but it was better than nothing. When the wind came up and it started to rumble in the distancre I took off back to the Happy House where I found Leonid who finished work and told me about this birthday party he was invited to that night J Yes indeed, same party, we could go together and then meet the guy in person and ask for a ride to Ozora… Plan B suddenly seemed a lot more likely! But as the evening proceeded (drinking beer and smoking, long live summer holidays)the courage to go to this Bday party diminished, and eventually Leonid called the guy to excuse himself and ask him about the ride…. Which turned out  a bummer since the car was alreadyfully occupied. But he would ‘keep an eye out’. Ok, back to plan A. Where was Dimo!!!!???? A plan C started occurring in my comfort –zone loving mind: why not stay in Sofia, wait for Tsvety to come back, take a bus to Kazanlak later… I like the Happy House so why not!!
The next day I tried to contact Dimo once again and there was a message from him: today I get you. At eleven. Time of reading: ten thirty. My luggage is spread around the room, I am starving and I need a shower. My lazy brain prefers having a quiet morning and is pleading to go for plan C. But something inside me stirrs me  into action and I pack in twenty minutes while the coffee is running, then have my coffee and some melon for breakfast and get in the shower at 10.55. At eleven I’m all set to go, but no Dimo. No problem, I had a bracelet to finish so I took my book, the bracelet in progress and chilled. For the next four hours. To Dimo’s credit: he called me around twelve to say he would be an hour late J Anyway, around four he finally got there and it was so good to see him!! It’s a shame he didn’t get to meet Leonid and Tsvety but there will be other occasions for sure. So we got all my stuff in the good old jeep and drove to here. With a coffee break at this pompous ‘lake resort’ that is an obvious money laundering façade but see-worthy none the less, in all its kitshy grandness. After walking around the lake, visiting the peacocks and deer and bunnies, taking a picture in the fake western carriage and sipping coffee from a paper cup with a foto of the premises on it, we hit the road again. Next stop: Pavel Banja, Happy Horse Farm! I was glad to go there because I am hoping to volunteer at this place in spring, and learn to ride in meantime. When we drove down towards the valley it was raining and the sun shone in under the clouds which made for a humungous rainbow, shooting from the clouds overhead down to the houses in the valley. I don’t think I ever saw a rainbow as bright and wide as this one! Minutes later the one multicoloured beam had expanded into a full bow, spanning the entire valley from the mountains on the one side to the mountains on the other side. “Your welcome!” Dimo grinned, and I couldn’t feel any more blessed and grateful!! What a grand entrance, what a grand nature, what a miraculous place this planet is!!! So at dusk we arrived at the farm and lo and behold: there awaited us a true guru and a bunch of his disciples!!! Guru Deva, what are the freakin odds. So the next thing I know I am sitting in a circle singing bhajan, am served a delicious vegetarian meal, surrounded by wonderful people in a place soring with good energy. Krishna provides, indeed.


the magnificent view from my new home



picking blueberries at the farm


Dimo's nephew Simeon

at the farm


Gora, probably the best dog in the world


we crossed this beechforest on the way to Svilan's summerhouse, Fairy Forrest!!





Cute little town we checked out on the way home from our visit to Svilan




Nadia and Dimo, the lovebirds :-)




Belgijska retsepta i technologia!! HAD to try that, obviously. Not bad, but I'm hard to impress i guess :-)

Dimo's victory over the water tank


Could a creature be more adorable???? This pup lives across the street from Dimo's farm and always starts crying when he sees us :-(
 So much more to tell but I am gonna have to do that later, life is calling!! Warm hugs to all of you, and GODSPEED!!!

Ohm Namah Shivaya
Tinie xoxox

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten